
When thinking of "re-starting" my blog, if you will, I was left with the decision to name it. Almost four years ago I started blogging under the name "Make it Count". That was a spur of the moment decision, made on a whim, but it worked for a year or two. Then, I won a blog design and decided to do a complete overhaul, name change and all. So, I became "Anchored". Little did I know, it would become such a popular blog name!
So, when thinking of my new space I thought of many possible names. "Every Good Thing" was my first thought, and I ran with it for a little while, until I found around ten blogs named the same thing. Then came "TB + Honey", which dealt with Tyler and I's names for each other. We liked the thought of that, but eventually I decided I just couldn't handle all that cheesiness. Next came "From my green desk", which I LOVED because I love my green desk and its uniqueness, but it was just too long for all the future could hold for then name. Finally, one day "Cup of T" just kind of popped in our heads. I am known to always have a drink with me, have an obsession with all kinds of cups- mugs, tumblers, straw cups, etc- and the "T" works for both of us. Yes, we do like tea on occasion, but we wanted to e strictly Cup of T, rather than Cup of Tea just to "play up" the play on words.
Cup of T is short, yet more memorable than other names we had thought of. It works for both myself, and Tyler, and we love the name for the brand of future endeavors. Most of all, we love Cup of T because it alludes to all happy things. Things that we love, prefer, and are passionate about- exactly what we want this space to be about.
So, there, that's what's in a name. I love it!
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment