Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Say Yes to the Dress

So, I have tried on a lot of dresses. When I say a lot, I am talking about 60-80 a lot. I came close to purchasing one- put it all over social media and then changed my mind. Who knew I would have so much trouble picking ONE dress!? My main problem is that I literally love them all! After the first day, I was seriously considering a career path change! Trying on wedding dresses has been SO much fun!

Rewind to early May. I am sitting at Starbucks one night and decide to apply for a few bridal television shows thinking maybe something will come from it, or maybe nothing will! About two weeks later I heard that I was going to be called for a phone interview! It was a big shock to me, since I had basically forgot I had applied! The phone interview went great, and the next step was the Skype interview! After a few mishaps, I made it to the Skype interview in late June and my video was "cut-up" and sent to TLC for casting! Somehow I made it and was given a few dates to choose from! I chose Friday July 11, got my "entourage" on board, and the rest is history!


My entourage from left to right:
My mom
My Godmother Debbie
My aunt Kim
My maid of honor, Hayley
My matron of honor, Andrea (also Tyler's sister!)
My future mother-in-law, Cindy
I am still so thankful everyone was able to make it! Such a special shared experience!! 

The morning of the show, the seven of us ate brunch and prepared for a long day of filming! I had a pre-show interview that lasted about an hour, and my mom and aunt had one as well that lasted about half as long. They shot us chatting in the waiting room and then it was time to go upstairs and look at gowns!! (by this time we had already been there for three hours!!) Looking at dresses was pretty genuine. We had to "open up" (turn towards the camera)and repeat some things, but all opinions and likes/dislikes were all genuine.
Believe it or not, I only tried on three gowns. After I changed my mind about the "almost" dress, my mom and I perused the Bridals by Lori website and found a brand that we LOVED and a dress that we were OBSESSED with! Seriously, that night I  said "that's the dress!". The only problem was that it was no where to be found in Louisville! As soon as I put on the dress at BbL, I just knew!!
After I got "jacked up" and said YES to the dress we had a few post interviews and we were out the door! In total, we were there for SEVEN hours! It was a tiring process! Overall though, it was GREAT! The producers and camera men, as well as the BbL staff, were incredibly nice, welcoming, and just as warm as they appear on television! The show is not fake whatsoever! It may be a little dramatized and embellished, but not once did I ever feel forced to say anything but my own thoughts! The dressing room experience was just like that of any other bridal salon (besides the camera woman and the award "touching" of the dress while speaking about parts I liked!), which I appreciated! My consultant was great and I loved working with her!! The whole thing was very real, which, as a big fan of the show, I was glad to experience! I just cannot say enough about how nice everyone was! Yes, the day was long, but it was fun!! I am so glad I was given the opportunity to do this! The episode will air Spring 2015, thankfully after March 7! I am excited to see what the show uses, since they have 7 hours of footage for a 10 minute story line ;)

xoxo
taylor


4 comments:

  1. ahh! so exciting!! can't wait to watch! good luck in the dress search :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I'm glad you found a dress and got to capture the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, this is so exciting!! How awesome that not only are you getting married but you get to be on SAy Yes To The Dress! I love love love that show!!!

    xo, Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. can i ask you who's the designer? that dress is perfect and everything i have been looking for.

    ReplyDelete